What's new

hey you launch-day owners: did they fix the power bug?

mtalinm

was just tweeting with Mary Jo Foley about SP3 launch. sounds like the power/sleep bug identified in many reviews has not received a firmware fix.

when you get your units, can you confirm whether this problem still exists?

Klownicle

was just tweeting with Mary Jo Foley about SP3 launch. sounds like the power/sleep bug identified in many reviews has not received a firmware fix.

when you get your units, can you confirm whether this problem still exists?

Source?

Also, there is supposed to be a day-one update for the units. Can't remember the source. But also, might be jumping the gun on "owners". Not till tomorrow will most be cracking them open.

OP
M

mtalinm

Basically every review. Paul Thurrott and Mary Jo Foley complained about this in a series of posts. Either of us can bing it.

MickeyLittle

Don't have a source but I have read that there will be a firmware update available as soon as we cracked open the boxes on 6/20 and I believe the power management feature is one of the key issues being addressed in this update.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
It has been in their Twitter Feed, Paul T. wrote about it either as an update to his review or in the comments and they've talked about it the last 2 weeks on Windows Weekly on TWiT.tv

OP
M

mtalinm

Both PT and MJF say that their loaner SP3s are getting firmware updates.

Probably take a couple of days to know whether the power problem was solved. I'm sure we'll hear from Paul if not!