What's new

High Definition Audio - issue

hottscennessey

Is anyone else experiencing an issue with the High Definition Audio Controller - I'm getting an error in device manager saying it is unable to start.

Attachments

• Screenshot (5).png
    Screenshot (5).png
    94.4 KB · Views: 480
OP
H

hottscennessey

Thanks, I've given that a few tries, no Luck. It's been that way for about a week. I guess I'll contact Microsoft support and post back if i find anything.

ScottyS

I have the exact same issue. Elsewhere on this forum someone said it is a result of a firmware update which has to do with the docking station. If that's the case even a reset won't undo flashed firmware.

Please post the response if you contact MS support.

Ignore, it is NOT a hardware issue

It is a "problem" (but not really a problem) introduced with the January and later firmwares. It goes away if you plug the device into a dock and will come back if no dock is used. It has absolutely no effect on the system

ScottyS

Ignore, it is NOT a hardware issue

It is a "problem" (but not really a problem) introduced with the January and later firmwares. It goes away if you plug the device into a dock and will come back if no dock is used. It has absolutely no effect on the system
Wow, I knew it was a firmware update and it would work with a dock, but I don't have a dock.
So does this mean if I took it to a MS store and ask them to let me plug it into one of their docks, then it will work sending HD audio out the mDP to my monitor or out my mDP-to-HDMI cable from that point forward? Or do you mean the problem will come back if no dock is used?

bluegrass

You really never said if you were having trouble with hearing any audio. Were you just looking in Device Manager and noticed the one baseball bat? If the audio is going to your speakers OK than I wouldn't worry about it.

ScottyS

You really never said if you were having trouble with hearing any audio. Were you just looking in Device Manager and noticed the one baseball bat? If the audio is going to your speakers OK than I wouldn't worry about it.
Prior to this audio went out via mDP to my monitor's speakers, and to TV when I used mDP-to-HDMI cable to a TV. Since the January firmware update I get no sound to my monitor or TV connecting to the mDP.