What's new

How to add Modern UI IE to taskbar

yonghong

ModernUI IE are so touchable on Surface ,right now I love it more than desktop IE , I tried everything still can't add it to the taskbar. Please help ,thanks.

GoodBytes

You just right click on the tile on the start Screen, and select "Pin to task bar". I can pin anything on my side, including IE.

[edit]
Ohhhh you mean the WIndows 8 App version of IE.
sorry.
[/edit]

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
MUI IE is for security reason "Sand-boxed" more than the other MUI Apps, it is why there is a "Wall" between the desktop and MUI versions, they sync settings from each other but even their rendering engines are separate....

wynand32

The most unfortunate thing about the modern IE is that it doesn't support plugins. I use the Evernote Web clipper plugin extensively, and the only option on the modern IE is to share URLs to the modern Evernote app. Otherwise I'd use it over desktop IE for links in modern apps, because it is definitely more touch-centric and I like how it automatically flips to a split screen mode when links are clicked.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
The most unfortunate thing about the modern IE is that it doesn't support plugins. I use the Evernote Web clipper plugin extensively, and the only option on the modern IE is to share URLs to the modern Evernote app. Otherwise I'd use it over desktop IE for links in modern apps, because it is definitely more touch-centric and I like how it automatically flips to a split screen mode when links are clicked.
The exact reason MUI IE is more secure is because it doesn't support Plugin's

wynand32

The exact reason MUI IE is more secure is because it doesn't support Plugin's

Understood, and given that it would be great if the sharing options were beefed up (simply copying the entire Web page to Evernote would be sufficient, as opposed to just the URL).

cdf3

I was also trying to find a way to pin the metro Internet Explorer to the Taskbar with no luck.
I also wish it had a way to jump back to previous pages, rather than the last page viewed.
In other browsers I'm able to press and hold the Back button, and it will display a history of pages I visited. Allowing me to jump to the page I wish to go back to. No such feature in the metro IE it seems.