What's new

I found a microsd adpater to sd

Mikewired

Since the only has one USB port I got to wondering if there was such an animal as a microsd to SD adapter. Sure enough there is. This would come in handy while uploading pictures to a USB hard drive while using this adapter to read a regular SD card.
th

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
I thought the adapters converted it so it would fit in a regular SD slot, not the other way around.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Interesting but of course you would have to remove your microsd card to use it.
A USB hub allows you the flexibility to add both a HDD and a typical card reader or other devices. Some USB hubs include a card reader although I prefer a separate one. Good find though it will meet some peoples needs.

How about a microSD Hub, anybody make one of those?

Keep any eye out for an SP3 Power Port expander since the Dock Connects using the Power Port maybe a portable port expander will pop up. Preferably this would also have a Power Connector on it so the power adapter can still plug in, 2 - 3 USB 3.0 ports, additional DisplayPort, DVI & HDMI, microSD or SD slot, and the ultimate a pcie connector optional external GPU. Thunderbolt would just mean everything else you wanted to connect would be more expensive and no single device needs that speed.

ajamils

Keep any eye out for an SP3 Power Port expander since the Dock Connects using the Power Port maybe a portable port expander will pop up. Preferably this would also have a Power Connector on it so the power adapter can still plug in, 2 - 3 USB 3.0 ports, additional DisplayPort, DVI & HDMI, microSD or SD slot, and the ultimate a pcie connector optional external GPU. Thunderbolt would just mean everything else you wanted to connect would be more expensive and no single device needs that speed.

Has someone announced something like that or is it just a wishful thinking?

silkrooster

I thought the adapters converted it so it would fit in a regular SD slot, not the other way around.
Ah, yes. I must have misinterpreted what you wanted.

However, since the surface has a usb port, you could use a micro SD card reader, assuming you are not already using the port or don't have a hub. The reader doesn't cost much.

mikeeike

Better buy-up the micro SD to SD Adaptors and the plug them into a USB adaptor! The micro SD Port on the Surface has real reliability problems. Basically unusable. Only solution is to plug your micro SD into the adapter and plug that into an SD-to-USB adaptor, then plug it into the USB Port.
Micro USB cards that don't work on the Surface micro USB port work fine when plugged into the USB. Further evidence that there is a design or manufacturing defect in the micro USB port on Surface machines, which Microsoft has thus far refused to acknowledge.