What's new

Iminent webooster

Edsaid

I downloaded Samsung New PC Studio and ended up with the awful malware software Iminent Webooster. This disgraceful intruder hogs my browser, even with ads. It cannot be disabled in 'Manage add-ons'.

Can anyone help me with advice on how to uninstall it...?

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Perhaps roll back to a prior restore point. my dad does this regularly ... I shake my head at him but he seems to get himself out of jail with it. that said iv heard of malware that's been restore point resistant.

leeshor

Most malware IS restore point resistant. Doing a restore point rollback is an over used solution in many cases and when it affects browsers and popups is mostly useless. If you have intentionally installed a program since the precious, (full), restore point you could run into problems.

Malware is not the same as an intentionally installed (discreet) program mostly because it affects other installed software. Think of it this way. Install a tool bar in IE, then do a rollback. The chances are very good that the toolbar will still be there.

OP
Edsaid

Edsaid

Thanks, leeshor. The link to AwdCleaner did the job. Great little programme. Popped it onto a USB for future use - just in case... :)

Best wishes,

Ed