What's new

Is my Surface Pro 3 New and Working?

jamhops

Hello,

In a round about story bought a dodgey demo unit from staples they replaced with a new unit which turned out to be used and in recovery mode. Now on my third unit but how do I know it used... (it looks new) but:

Tablet was on 0% and needed charging to turn on is this normal?
DESIGN CAPACITY 42,157 mWh to FULL CHARGE CAPACITY 40,888 mWh is that normal out of the box?
The oddest part (below) but is this fine?

In the end is the tablet new? Is the tablet 100% working normally?

Thanks for any help

2cehv89.png

leeshor

Welcome to the forum

Considering it was run completely down I'd say that's normal. But, you need to run it through a few complete charge cycles to see if anything changes in a negative way. It looks like it may have been on display even though it's new.

OP
J

jamhops

Welcome to the forum

Considering it was run completely down I'd say that's normal. But, you need to run it through a few complete charge cycles to see if anything changes in a negative way. It looks like it may have been on display even though it's new.

Thanks for the welcome I will monitor it, So the continual AC drain for 6 months isn't normal? It is meant to be brand new sealed no demo or display model at all... I would note it was supposedly run 24 hours yesterday but I know it was in transit so that seems unlikely... makes me worry what its thinking if its a duff?

leeshor

It's possible it got jostled and turn itself on. Some people have had that issue putting their Surface tablets in some enclosed spaces, backpacks etc.

OP
J

jamhops

It's possible it got jostled and turn itself on. Some people have had that issue putting their Surface tablets in some enclosed spaces, backpacks etc.

Wouldn't that be battery not AC? :s

I think I just dont trust Staples now ha ha

Thanks for the reassurance

leeshor

I have no idea if they had anything to do with it or not. Yes, that would be battery.

sw1977

Hi, did you get anywhere with this? I got mine on Tuesday and got the same battery report. Battery report says 38,152 for design capacity