What's new

Just ordered 256 GB surface pro 2

Loofbox

Hey guys, I was finally able to order a 256 GB surface pro 2 (all models were in stock today on the Canadian Microsoft store). I was wondering if any1 had any tips or tricks ? Any accessories you recommend ?

DungeonShredder

wish I grabbed the 256 when I had the chance. grabbed the 128
I picked up a bose mini soundlink for it's size it puts out impressive sound
wish I could find a good equalizer program for it.
haven't tried the other Bluetooth speakers yet so don't take my word for it
on a flat eq or no eq the treble is mildly weak. the media player does fix it just very hard to work with on such a small screen.
don't have a keyboard yet waiting on the power cover.
I do have a old Bluetooth mouse keyboard set.
might get the dock at some point in the future no rush for it.
I did grab the mini display port to hdmi it works great. well the apple version of it.

OP
L

Loofbox

Thanx man I'm considering what keyboard to get. I have an old wireless apple keyboard I used to use with my iPad. I'm considering getting the touch cover 2 on Boxing Day. What's the power cover? It seems like a great machine and I can't wait to get my grubby hands on it.

I have the touch cover 2; pretty cool device, but I use it more for a cover than to type on. Got it as a stopgap waiting for the Power Cover to be released (early 2014 apparently)

When your device arrives, do not install any windows updates from 10th Dec. There's been issues associated with these updates (I think they've been withdrawn, so probably won't be an option for you anyway, but can't hurt for me to mention it).

Random tips:
News Bento is a nice windows store app you might like to try
Wacom drivers can be installed to give pen pressure sensitivity to applications like PhotoShop
Default zoom level in desktop is 150%. I like to work at 125%, good balance between readability and enough real estate for app windows etc
Create a recovery drive on a USB stick (still best to leave the recovery drive on the device as well)

OP
L

Loofbox

I have the touch cover 2; pretty cool device, but I use it more for a cover than to type on. Got it as a stopgap waiting for the Power Cover to be released (early 2014 apparently)

When your device arrives, do not install any windows updates from 10th Dec. There's been issues associated with these updates (I think they've been withdrawn, so probably won't be an option for you anyway, but can't hurt for me to mention it).

Random tips:
News Bento is a nice windows store app you might like to try
Wacom drivers can be installed to give pen pressure sensitivity to applications like PhotoShop
Default zoom level in desktop is 150%. I like to work at 125%, good balance between readability and enough real estate for app windows etc
Create a recovery drive on a USB stick (still best to leave the recovery drive on the device as well)

Thank you so much for all the advice!!! (Wrote device instead of advice then I edited it loooool)