What's new

Lte unlocked version .. Does anyone have one?

have my pre-order in for delivery Sept 19th..... Still anixously waiting...... Has anyone got one yet.. Understand it may come with windows 8.1

redbrick

I do and I'm really considering retuning this unit. The more I dig into it, the more I'm beginning to hate it. 1) It comes with windows 10 Home! ...not the pro edition so there are few limitations with that. 2)I hate all the buried privacy switches laced throughout windows 10 3)I have AT&T 4g lte connection, but the reception is not consistent. When the nanosim was in my hotspot, the reception never dropped... I'm going to chat with microsoft tomorrow, and if they can't let me downgrade to windows 8.1 pro....I will return this unit.

totnik

Yes.. Im on my 2nd(!!) Surface 3 LTE.. What a turd.. CPU constantly maxed out at 100%. System and System Interrupt constantly pegging my CPU at 100%.. Out of the box no less.. with nothing installed. Guess I'm getting the Ipad Pro

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Yes.. Im on my 2nd(!!) Surface 3 LTE.. What a turd.. CPU constantly maxed out at 100%. System and System Interrupt constantly pegging my CPU at 100%.. Out of the box no less.. with nothing installed. Guess I'm getting the Ipad Pro
Apply the updates including Firmware and tell us if it calms down...

totnik

Funny your reply came in just when the S3 decided to freeze up completely. Had to hold the power button down for 30ish seconds to power down and reboot. For what its worth, all updates applied and the sluggishness goes away for about a half hour after the reboot before it comes back. I've tried completely resetting it with no resolution (This takes a super long time for whatever reason). Looked at other threads saying it could be audio/mic/sdcard issues but nothing helps. Wish I could downgrade to 8.1 but no luck since both my S3s came with W10.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Funny your reply came in just when the S3 decided to freeze up completely. Had to hold the power button down for 30ish seconds to power down and reboot. For what its worth, all updates applied and the sluggishness goes away for about a half hour after the reboot before it comes back. I've tried completely resetting it with no resolution (This takes a super long time for whatever reason). Looked at other threads saying it could be audio/mic/sdcard issues but nothing helps. Wish I could downgrade to 8.1 but no luck since both my S3s came with W10.
What is occupying the CPU in task manager?

totnik

System and System Interrupt usually. Process Explorer doesn't give me any more detail than that either. Sometime it's the "Unistack" process.

redbrick

...it's what I did. Downgrade to 8.1 and now the system is awesome. You should be able to find a cheap 8 or 8.1 license online somewhere. I checked Microsoft staff online and their phone support, and they gave me the impression that they really want you to be happy with this device. To that end, they may even give you suggestions on how to downgrade. That was my recent experience. Good luck.

OP
I

Intranetsites

Well I have 3 other pc's with windows 8.1 all have had terrible disking at 100% issues going on and I have now upgraded two of them to windows 10 and it appears to have solved this problem

my surface 3 with windows 10 ran well so makes little sence that reverting back to windows 8.1 would reduce problems

my new surface 3 with lte came with windows 8.1 which I immediately updated to windows 10 and really don't have any serious disking at 100% issues.

totnik

Sorry for the late reply..was travelling.. It's now been more than 48 hours and the system is constantly pegged at 50-80% and never allowing the cpu to get out of "Turbo Mode" or whatever they call it. I'm going to call in to MSFT and see what they say.