What's new

Manafacturing Defects on the Surface RT

matt1337

I have owned the Surface RT for about half a year and the paint has gradually been peeling off on the edges. It has gotten to the point where I no longer wish to be seen with it in public because it looks terrible. Whatever happened to quality control? I hope its not too late to get a refund or exchange. Does anybody know how I can get the process started ? I bought the surface from best buy, will I have to deal with Microsoft now ?

Attachments

• PA257009.JPG
    PA257009.JPG
    567.7 KB · Views: 977
  • PA257011.JPG
    PA257011.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 968

Jglnaz372

Contact Microsoft-the warranty is a year, and they will most definitely replace that.

I was going to write the same thing. Only issue might be "wear and tear" because of the time you had it. Some had said on the forum it all depends who you talk to about your type of problem. Some warrant reps are very easy to deal with and you have zero issues while others might try to see if you went sky diving with the Surface to void the warranty! From my experience Microsoft customer service has always been helpful and understanding when dealing with issues. Hopefully you will have a good experience. Hope it works out.

I was going to write the same thing. Only issue might be "wear and tear" because of the time you had it. Some had said on the forum it all depends who you talk to about your type of problem. Some warrant reps are very easy to deal with and you have zero issues while others might try to see if you went sky diving with the Surface to void the warranty! From my experience Microsoft customer service has always been helpful and understanding when dealing with issues. Hopefully you will have a good experience. Hope it works out.

Yeah, and if they need it, offer to send pictures. That's particularly bad.

Off hand, since the exposed parts appear to be the same color as the Surface 2, we shouldn't expect to see these kind of problems?

OP
M

matt1337

Thanks Falcon... I will try to get in touch with someone from Microsoft. I have no idea how to get the process started. I still have 5-6 months left on my warranty. Part of me wishes I bought an Ipad instead.

kristalsoldier

Not to make light of your concerns, but with the darker layer peeling off, you are close to simulating the Surface 2 hue!!!!

OP
M

matt1337

I have babied this thing... never dropped it or anything. It looks like its been through hell and treated like trash... nothing could be further from the truth which makes me so upset.

Attachments

• PA257014.JPG
    PA257014.JPG
    327.1 KB · Views: 972
OP
M

matt1337

The huge layer of paint on the underside of the kickstand peeled off and it never even gets touched there! I bought this at best buy. Do you think I can take this to the Microsoft Store for an exchange ?

OP
M

matt1337

Well I contacted support... they will not exchange it for that... this is total bs... microsoft just lost another customer