What's new

Microsoft Display Adapter with Netflix

Thekholm

When I try to connect Netflix to my MWDA everything works but the dialog sound, I get the music and back sound from my Denon Reciver. I got it to work once!!! Eny one know how to fix it?

TunaSurface

umm... I can't see a reason for it not to work for Netflix alone.
Also I'm afraid I don't know what connecting Netflix to the adapter means.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
A connection diagram/description would help.
Why wouldn't the dialog sound also come from the Denon Receiver?
Where did you expect the dialog sound to come from?
What is the MWDA HDMI connector actually plugged into?
Have you tried it without the Denon Receiver?
Have you tried other content?
1. Somethng other than Netflix,
2. Different content on Netflix.
3 locally stored content​

Carnac the Magnificent thinks it's a possible DRM issue but what does a dead telepathic comedian know anyway and how did those questions get into a mayonnaise jar? Well he is telepathic... :)

bluegrass

I thought the wireless display adapter is to connect your phone or your Surface wirelessly to your TV. Not sure how Netflix plays into this. I have a Roku adapter that I can choose Netflix as a channel to watch. I guess you could go on the Internet on your Surface and watch Netflix.

GTiceman

I have had issues recently with mine and I get a driver error, however mine might be related to Windows 10.

OP
T

Thekholm

Thanks for all answers. Yes have tried different sources and some works not Netflix. My Denon Reciver is connected to a Sony and 5.1 speaker set up. With Netflix I get some sound not the dialog, doesn't work with different sound setting with my Denon (stereo, prologic etc.).

My chormecast works just fine, my mac mini works and of course my Blue-ray. Tried update, reset and restart different WiFi and so on. Found a way last night to get it to work, if I use Stereo settings in Netflix I get the dialog but not any 5.1. could be the Intel Widi driver?

At least I can hear what they saying now :)

Best regards
Thekholm