What's new

My SP2 is dying. Will i receive a SP3 or a SP4 in exchange?

JFR

In fact, my sp2 have a very noisy fan problem. My warranty is still valid for another 11 months. What should i do if i really prefer the SP4. Im pretty sure SP2 is out of stock everywhere. Is the SP3 still available for replacements? Will i get a type cover too? Thanks.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
In fact, my sp2 have a very noisy fan problem. My warranty is still valid for another 11 months. What should i do if i really prefer the SP4. Im pretty sure SP2 is out of stock everywhere. Is the SP3 still available for replacements? Will i get a type cover too? Thanks.
You will most likely get a refurbished SP2....

OP
J

JFR

They still have refurbished sp2? Its possible as i just fixed mine with a vacuum......

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
It all depends on what they have on that day... I have heard of some people getting upgrades and new covers but I doubt that's the norm. so it's pot lock, random chance, with unknown odds. In general though, it would be bad business to replace all, a majority, or even a significant percentage of devices with newer models although it seems a small percentage would generate goodwill etc. that's probably how it goes.

OP
J

JFR

It all depends on what they have on that day... I have heard of some people getting upgrades and new covers but I doubt that's the norm. so it's pot lock, random chance, with unknown odds. In general though, it would be bad business to replace all, a majority, or even a significant percentage of devices with newer models although it seems a small percentage would generate goodwill etc. that's probably how it goes.

Yes. I heard about cases where people got upgrades. I guess it depend. I will wait a few days. I dont know if the fan noise is dust\or something stuck related or bearing related. But as i use the tablet on my job, the noise could become a problem very fast!