What's new

New to Surface and to MS Service

Laurita

I'm new the Surface community in general, but I was (and still am, just frustrated ATM) super excited to get my SP3. I do a lot of commuting for work, and having a SP3 could be a lifesaver as far as mobile productivity goes. I asked a lot of questions of my friends at MS before buying (I'm not a woman of many means, but I picked up an extra contract for the summer months), so I was very particular about what this puppy would be able to do. I've been using Macs for the better part of a decade, and honest-to-goodness, today was the first time I've used Windows beyond Windows Vista.

In addition to unboxing this pretty chunk of my paycheck today, I also had my first MS Service experience. Needless to say, I'm not exactly impressed. There were assumptions made and concerns ignored, and so far, my problems with my baby SP3 are not resolved.

Anywho, hello from Chicago!

L

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Did you purchase the SP3 from a MS Store or BestBuy? I find the MS Store Employees are very helpful and knowledgeable....

Also welcome to the community :)

OP
Laurita

Laurita

Did you purchase the SP3 from a MS Store or BestBuy? I find the MS Store Employees are very helpful and knowledgeable....

Also welcome to the community :)
I bought it from Microsoft online. I have a feeling that I may have to pay the MS Store on Michigan Avenue a visit. I'm currently on call in the burbs, however, and will probably have to just deal until Saturday.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
MS Online Store is actually ran by Digital River and my experience is the Brick and Morton Based Stores have much better Customer Service, are you in the western or northern burbs? There are Stores in Schaumburg and Oak Brook and the Specialty Store on Michigan Ave.

OP
Laurita

Laurita

MS Online Store is actually ran by Digital River and my experience is the Brick and Morton Based Stores have much better Customer Service, are you in the western or northern burbs? There are Stores in Schaumburg and Oak Brook and the Specialty Store on Michigan Ave.
currently northern, but I have an on-call radius of very small that I must stick to. My car is also currently in the city so I'll just have to wait anyway. I live only about 2 miles from the Michigan Avenue store. Good to know though about online vs. in person. Online agent said she'd call me in 2 hours, and the two hour mark was an hour ago...

Matt

What were the initial problems and have they been resolved? Maybe someone here will have the answers you need.

Welcome to community.

OP
Laurita

Laurita

So, what happened?
So, I had to go out to the burns so it took me a while, but they ended up just trading out my device. New one updated in a snap and I have had no hiccups with it. The Answer Desk guy didn't say what exactly the problem was, but I had an error code and he wasn't exactly interested in it.