Obligatory Introduction

Discussion in 'New Member Introduction & Site Assistance' started by gpstrucker, Dec 22, 2012.

1. gpstrucker

gpstrucker New Member

My Device:
    RT
    Hello one and all.

Ok, I'm a long haul truck driver in the U.S. and also something of a tech geek. The other drivers where I work call me "the gadget guy" LOL

I just picked up a Surface yesterday as a Christmas present to myself. I had broken my Asus Transformer tablet a couple of months ago (alcohol was involved) and was getting a little tired of only using my iPad and Nexus 7 tablets. I did a lot of research on the various tablets available out there and to be honest the Surface wasn't even in the running when I stopped by Best Buy.

But, being thorough, I wanted to see all of the available tablets before making a purchasing decision. When I checked out the Surface, fully expecting to pass on it, I found that I really liked it. I've been running Windows 8 on one of my laptops for a while now, and found the Surface to be far more like a "real computer" than an over-sized phone that doesn't make phone calls.

OK, all of that said, I look forward to seeing how the Surface ecosystem evolves. I am already thinking about buying a Pro model when they are released.

2. mrasmussen

mrasmussen New Member

welcome aboard. The surface is a wonderful tablet. I've used all of the tablets you listed and I enjoy the Surface the most. I also broke an asus transformer, kid sat on it, not very impressed with the build quality there. The surface is a different story.

3. gpstrucker

gpstrucker New Member

My Device:
    RT
    I really can't fault the build quality of the Asus tablet. It held up quite well for me until I dropped it on a concrete floor. I think most devices would have suffered serious damage under those circumstances. I do agree the Surface is a great device, I am really enjoying it.

4. bosamar

bosamar Well-Known Member

My Device:
    RT
    Much more useful than an iPad. You can easily keep track of your cross-country trips on this and it will amaze you!

5. smalltowngirl13

smalltowngirl13 Administrator Staff Member

Congrats on the tab and welcome to the forum!

6. J515OP

J515OP Super Moderator

My Device:
    RT
    Welcome to the forum. I'm sure you will continue to enjoy your Surface the more you use it and get to know it.

7. ZachBui

ZachBui Member

welcome =)

8. gpstrucker

gpstrucker New Member

My Device:
    RT
    Thanks folks. I'm enjoying the Surface more and more each day.

9. cali

cali Member

Glad to hear that you are happy with your Surface.