What's new

Official Windows 10 Insiders thread

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
The only clickable link or button within activation is "learn more" which just takes you to a generic website. This thing is popping up as frequently as every 5 minutes.
From an elevated cmd prompt what does this command return?

slmgr /xpr

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
The return is the machine is permanently activated
It is confirmed as a bug by Dona Sarkar who took over from Gabe Aul:

upload_2016-7-3_19-31-50.png

She promises us a new build before that....

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I'd sure love to know how you manage this kind of battery life. I'm lucky if I get 5 hours. Not complaining, just genuinely curious.
I run a pretty clean machine usually but right now I have Camtasia, Reflector and Visual Studio 2015 SP2 all installed. I run with suggested brightness and adaptive on, let it go into S0iX between meetings, I've been working 14-18 hours days. I've been on battery since 2 PM today, and its almost 9 PM....

wynand32

I run a pretty clean machine usually but right now I have Camtasia, Reflector and Visual Studio 2015 SP2 all installed. I run with suggested brightness and adaptive on, let it go into S0iX between meetings, I've been working 14-18 hours days. I've been on battery since 2 PM today, and its almost 9 PM....

So do you mean you get 8 hours of screen on time? I'm running the same brightness and mainly using Edge and OneNote, nothing much running in the background, and my screen on time is about 5 hours.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I'm getting 7-8 hours of screen time, Flash is disabled and Adblock is enabled. If I do a conference call depending on length I can be down to 4.5-5 hours.