Solved SB generating light documents from printer

Discussion in 'Microsoft Surface Book' started by SKVZ, Jan 12, 2016.

1. SKVZ

SKVZ New Member

My Device:
    Surface Book
    When I print any document from my SB on my printers, both color and black & white printers, the print is very light. I have several other computers that print on the same printersand all of them print a normal/darker print. I have checked to see if I have the latest updates loaded on my computer and it is up-to-date. Microsoft technical support has logged in my computer and was unable to resolve the issue. Does anyone have similar experiences or suggestions/recommendations? I've only had the computer for less than two months and am getting tired of addressing issues.

2. leeshor

leeshor Well-Known Member

My Device:
    SPro4
    Welcome to the forum

What you are describing can't be an issue with your Surface. The printer prints whatever the printer drivers say to print. It's possible you would need to download newer or different drivers from the manufacturer or possibly the printer or driver isn't 100% compatible with Windows 10.

3. Telstar1948

Telstar1948 Active Member

My Device:
    Surface Book
    ...just an off-the-wall thought...is your printer control in your SB set to gray-scale rather than color or B&W?

4. Telstar1948

Telstar1948 Active Member

My Device:
    Surface Book
    The way your post read I wasn't sure how your printer was set up in your SB so forgive me if I suggested something opposed to what you meant.

5. SKVZ

SKVZ New Member

My Device:
    Surface Book
    Thank you for your responses Telstar and leeshor. As I mentioned, the documents generated by my other computers, including Windows 10 and OS X El Capitan operating systems, have no problems with the printers. Microsoft technical support went to the printer's (brother) website to make sure the latest driver and software were loaded on the SB. The documents still printed very light.

Based on your responses I went to the printer's website and did another download of the latest drivers and software. Fortunately, the SB now appears to be printing correctly. I really appreciate your input!

leeshor likes this.
  6. sharpuser

sharpuser Super Moderator Staff Member

My Device:
    Surface Book