What's new

SP3 prices when SP4 debuts?

firescooby

Any predictions on a new SP3 8GB i5 or i7 model once the new SP4 debuts?

I know it's a guess, but I figured people on here are more familiar with how the pricing has worked in the past when other models come out.

Thanks in advance

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Any predictions on a new SP3 8GB i5 or i7 model once the new SP4 debuts?

I know it's a guess, but I figured people on here are more familiar with how the pricing has worked in the past when other models come out.

Thanks in advance

It is certainly speculation, but just as a vague idea, the 128gb SP3 is selling for about £450 to £500 on ebay. Now when the SP3 was released, MS reduced the price of the3 SP2 by £150. So you could quite possibly expect to see £150 knocked off the resale price.

I'm trying to make my mind up as to whether to commit to the SP4 and sell the SP3 sooner rather than later (S3 can suffice for lecture notes for the interim period). If I can only get £350 or so for the SP3, it becomes a tricky question as to whether it is worth selling it (even if mine did only cost me £450 new)

Johnny365

SP3 (4GB, 128GB) goes for about $620 used and has been for many months, even since before April when I got mine. I don't think it will be an immediate drop when the SP4 comes.