What's new

Still no creator's update for my SP4

dan999

I have still not received the Creator's Update for my SP4. Update offers to "show me how" to get it early, but I am curious as to what the reasons are that I have not gotten the update yet.

Can anyone shed some light on the rules for when the update is made available or what the holdup can be?

Thanks!

sinha.sandy

I have still not received the Creator's Update for my SP4. Update offers to "show me how" to get it early, but I am curious as to what the reasons are that I have not gotten the update yet.

Can anyone shed some light on the rules for when the update is made available or what the holdup can be?

Thanks!
Hii

I don't know when it will be available publicly but I had updated using the show me how link. It gets you to the windows updater tool and is almost the same way as regular update but the process is shown in the updater tool.

I have updated to the creator's edition and it works like a charm. Go ahead with it.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

OP
D

dan999

Thanks for the replies, but it looks like I was unclear in my question. I want to know why I haven't been offered the April 2017 Creators update yet. Is there something on my Surface Pro 4 that is preventing me from getting the update?

I was under the impression that the newer machines would be the first to get the update, and that I would have gotten the update months ago. I am still on the anniversary update (1607), I have automatic updates on, I check for updates regularly, and it looks like I did get the privacy update in preparation for the Creator's update.

I know how to get the update - I was just wondering why this has not happened automatically for me yet. If you have a SP4 (core i7, if that matters), please let me know when you got the Creator's update automatically.

Exhile

Thanks for the replies, but it looks like I was unclear in my question. I want to know why I haven't been offered the April 2017 Creators update yet. Is there something on my Surface Pro 4 that is preventing me from getting the update?

I was under the impression that the newer machines would be the first to get the update, and that I would have gotten the update months ago. I am still on the anniversary update (1607), I have automatic updates on, I check for updates regularly, and it looks like I did get the privacy update in preparation for the Creator's update.

I know how to get the update - I was just wondering why this has not happened automatically for me yet. If you have a SP4 (core i7, if that matters), please let me know when you got the Creator's update automatically.
I also thought that my SP4 would automatically get Creator's Update as well. As it turns out, I had to manually install it. Not a big deal but as long as I've got it, I'm happy. :)

OP
D

dan999

I finally got the update this week, without having to download it manually. Still not sure what the hold-up was, but happy to have gotten it, and that I haven't noticed anything broken yet :). It appears that my second monitor (docked) wakes up more reliably now than before. Previously I've often had to turn it off and on to have the Surface see it when I come out of sleep.

MikemanSP4

Super Moderator
Staff member

Thanks!

While jnRoach has it covered - you can also go here to get the Microsoft Update Tool - I find this useful if I have just reloaded a machine and want to go ahead and get all the updates taken care of.

Download Windows 10