Surface 3 in 2017

Discussion in 'Surface 3 (Atom)' started by Metk97, Apr 21, 2017.

1. Metk97

Metk97 New Member

My Device:
    None
    Hi everyone! Yesterday i was searching some interesting offer on internet, and i eventually found a used surface 3 with the Microsoft pen included and with still 6 months of warranty for 350€ . Do you think it's worth for that price? (I'll need it for take note during lectures).

2. hughlle

hughlle Super Moderator Staff Member

Welcome Metk97

I think that realistically, only you can decide if it is worth it for that price. It doesn't seem an overly competitive price though, a quick look on ebay gives me many results in that kind of price range. I'd also advise you to consider the cost of a keyboard though, both for protection, and because it gives the device a lot more capabilities.

Nothing wrong with the S3 though. It's not the fastest in the world, but does its intended job well enough. I'm typing this on my own S3, with a 34" ultrawide monitor plugged in as a second display for reference materials and onenote. I do all of my note taking on my SP4 or partners Sp3 though, just a nicer experience overall. I've used my S3 in lectures occasionally, but I don't like how small it is for when I've a break between lectures and want to do some work on an assignment. The pro lines keyboards are far nicer for typing on.

Metk97 likes this.
  3. Metk97

Metk97 New Member

My Device:
    None
    Hi, thank you for your help!
    Yes, if i search worldwide i also manage to find more competitive prices, but for warranty reasons i'm searching it in italy.
    I don't think i'll need the keyboard because I already have a laptop, i'll need the surface only for take note with the pen during lectures(so, i need that it will work flawlessly with onenote).

4. Plantje

Plantje Member

My Device:
    Surface 3 (Atom)
    Fairly happy Surface 3 user here as well. For me there are two down sides:
    • The LTE doesn't stay connected. Trying to stay online while on the move results in the need to restart the tablet every once in a while
    • Possible display issues: Surface 3 one year later display problem
    To me this means I have lost faith in an otherwise really good device!