What's new

Surface Pro 3 Issues

deanfourie

Hey guys, posting here in hope to sort some issues with my awesome new surface pro 3.

I really do love this tablet, however have some really irritating problems. Bought like 4 convertible laptops and returned them all, and finally turned to the surface pro.

My issues are as follows.

- When typing in text fields, such as this one, the keyboard overlies the text field so I cannot see what im typing, I also cannot scroll down I need to close the keyboard.

- Video scrubbing is hard, extremely hard. The progress bar is so small I cannot tap it, it pauses video, maximizes, minimizes etc. This is embedded video such as youtube etc. Youtube is not so bad but they are not all as big as youtube.

Right now, thats the biggest ANNOYING and IRRITATING issues with my surface pro 3, other then that I love it. So fixing these issues would make it even better.

Cheers

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have noticed that as well on W10, one of the annoying deficiencies of W10. although there may be a workaround AFAIK you'll have to wait for MS to finish fix finish W10.

OP
D

deanfourie

Yea super annoying, typing with the OSK is hard enough I atleast want to see what im typing.

Undocking the keyboard does nothing, however atlease its a slight workaround for now, I can move the keyboard above the text field.

Painful :(

Compusmurf

There is an aftermarket little app called TabTip on demand that says they fix this issue. When OSK pops up, it moves the window for you so you can see what you're typing. I played with it, it does work, but not in all apps and all scenarios.

Hey guys, posting here in hope to sort some issues with my awesome new surface pro 3.

I really do love this tablet, however have some really irritating problems. Bought like 4 convertible laptops and returned them all, and finally turned to the surface pro.

My issues are as follows.

- When typing in text fields, such as this one, the keyboard overlies the text field so I cannot see what im typing, I also cannot scroll down I need to close the keyboard.

- Video scrubbing is hard, extremely hard. The progress bar is so small I cannot tap it, it pauses video, maximizes, minimizes etc. This is embedded video such as youtube etc. Youtube is not so bad but they are not all as big as youtube.

Right now, thats the biggest ANNOYING and IRRITATING issues with my surface pro 3, other then that I love it. So fixing these issues would make it even better.

Cheers

That's what's great about MetroIE on Windows 8.1. The whole page actually goes up when On-Screen Keyboard pops up so there's nothing covered by the keyboard while Desktop IE doesn't. You can use MS Edge BTW and it does the same page up like MetroIE minus the TPL, swipe back/forward gestures, immersive full screen experience.