What's new

Surface Pro 4 Lot Numbers

5Mike5

All of surface pro 4s has this problem. I tried 2 and both has this issue...perhaps,this is normal!!

I have a theory that the bleed just right of the bottom center is due to an internal cable being attached with too much force, or not being fully pushed into place. Take a look at the Surface Pro 4 tear-down at IFixIt.com: there is a connector just beneath the spot where the bleed is worst.
Microsoft Surface Pro 4 Teardown

xesf

i7/16/512 Lot 1547
Screen Bleed at the bottom.

Edit: image uploaded using the forum attached file feature.

Attachments

• IMG_20151208_214507.jpg
    IMG_20151208_214507.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 963
Last edited:

musical9

I see that screen bleed at startup on my SP4 but not when an actual picture is displayed. Even a completely black image displays properly. If you hide the taskbar and drag an image so it covers the bottom of the screen, it should display properly.

Mike007

i7 16gb 256- lot 1546 -

Has the usual battery drain whilst asleep issue that everyone else is seeing.
Also, my sound driver crashes occasionally, leaving a red X on the speaker icon and no sound. I have to reboot to get it working again. happens mostly when skipping through music tracks or videos.

OP
G

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have seen people with Lot # 1552.
I'm not buying anything with 1554+ or 17xx ;)
looking for anyone with 16xx, be the first one on your block to bring home a Surface Lot # 1602 in a box. ;)
Although I'm waiting for 1616 (April 18, 2016 – April 24, 2016) or 1617 (April 25, 2016 – May 1, 2016) numerologically. :D

OP
G

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Note: I'm not sure update wise how frequently they are actually changing the OS build and Firmware levels they put on these devices at the factory. You might notice that the downloadable recovery image is not necessarily the latest build or even updated at all. If they are updating the image used how long does it take for a Firmware update released on Windows Update to be included into a manufactured Lot and make it into retail stock in the Supply chain. They may only update the factory build once a quarter or even less frequently and let Windows Update handle the rest. There are risks either way.

Zkyevolved

i5/256/8 - 1550, so far everything is good. I had 1 day the sound card disappeared, rebooted and haven't had it since. I also couldn't connect my projector or monitor to it, so I uninstalled the graphics drivers and installed an older one, no issues since. Very solid device. I'm keeping this one even though it does have a LITTLE lightbleed, nothing worrisome though.