What's new

Surface pro capacity display

valentin75

Hello everyone
I'm asking something about the Surface pro 3. I have to open many PDF on it (400Ko each) and i would like to know how many before the Surface Pro 3 start to go slow.

Anyone could help me?

gangolfus

Which model? The i3/4GB model will bog down faster than the i7/8GB.

Define 'many'. 5? 10? 100? 10,000,000,000,000,000,000?

malberttoo

Hello everyone
I'm asking something about the Surface pro 3. I have to open many PDF on it (400Ko each) and i would like to know how many before the Surface Pro 3 start to go slow.

Anyone could help me?

Welcome to the forum.

As stated above, you should define the number of PDF's that you're talking about. The more RAM you have will help with more open documents.

OP
V

valentin75

I do not have the real number. But i would like to know if it is possible. I know it seems weird to open 100 PDF's.
It might be 20 maximum.
I juste would like to know if there aer no potential issues. :)

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I regularly open 300-400 MB PDF files on my SP3, but it is a i5/8/256 machine, when I had the S2 with only 2GB of RAM I could open these same files but it was slower...

Much of the performance depends on the PDF Reader you are using and what you need to do with the files, the built in Reader is light weight and fast but very basic, Drawboard PDF offers much more in features but tends to only allow 5-10 PDF files open at one time.