What's new

Surface warranty

jakebake

Is their a way to purchase the Microsoft warranty if you didn't buy directly from them? I don't see it as an option online except when actually purchasing the pro.

compnovo

Is their a way to purchase the Microsoft warranty if you didn't buy directly from them? I don't see it as an option online except when actually purchasing the pro.

I suggest calling their Sales and Support number: 1-877-696-7786. I had to call them to set up the warranty because I didn't purchase it at the same time I purchased my RT.

Harer4911

Yes. I did. Purchased 128 gb at Best Buy 2/9. Called MS sales to purchase "complete" coverage. First person told me it was not available if not bought if the hardware was not purchased from MS. Asked for supervisor. Answer was,"Yes, of course". Price for two years was $149, not the bundled price or $99. Coverage covers support and replacement for accidental damage, with a small co-pay.

OP
J

jakebake

Thanks for the info ill definitely have to call them. Yeah, that would seem weird if they wouldn't offer it to you since it is their product.

geckoking

I suggest calling their Sales and Support number: 1-877-696-7786. I had to call them to set up the warranty because I didn't purchase it at the same time I purchased my RT.

Just added the 2yr warranty for $99.00
If you bought at a Microsoft store they can add it for $99.00
Give them a call

oion

Just be aware that the 2-yr warranty replaces the default 1 year. It's not in addition to the default warranty, and it covers only the tablet itself, not the keyboards. I have never had an accident with any of my devices and figure the tablet will outlast the keyboard by a mile, so I decided to do without. (If it was 2 years additional and covered the keyboard, it'd be far more tempting for me. Just saying.)

"Covers hardware issues and technical support for 2 years from date of device purchase. Also covers up to 2 instances of accidental damage for Surface tablets only (keyboards and accessories not covered by ADP) during the coverage period."

Soylent

I'm trying to figure out how to add my Complete warranty. I canceled the Surface Pro pre-order because I found it in a store, but the warranty was not canceled... anyone know if there is any way to link it to my current serial number instead of the canceled pre-order?

mathman

I'm trying to figure out how to add my Complete warranty. I canceled the Surface Pro pre-order because I found it in a store, but the warranty was not canceled... anyone know if there is any way to link it to my current serial number instead of the canceled pre-order?

I had a similar issue - call the Microsoft Answer Desk and they'll have to link it manually there. It will take them creating a ticket to their "special internal resolution team" or something like that, but it'll get done.