What's new

sync from Surface 3 google calendar app.

userinelkhart

I have a surface 3 and use the google calendar. When I enter new events on my Surface 3 it does not show up on my Samsung Galaxy s-6 but goes to my computer. How do I fix this?

leeshor

Welcome to the forum

The only thing that comes to mind is that your GS6 is using a different account for the calendar. It should work if all three devices are using the same account.

LouCap

Actually, the issue is all about Google not wanting any MS apps to update with theirs. So, if you use both MS apps and Google (like I do) you need to find a workaround. I'm using a program I got in the MS store called Gmail Calendar made by a company called Bricklayers out of Germany. It works pretty well, so I got the paid version to get rid of the ads. It'll sync your Google calendar when you add an event on your surface.

jace88

I also was looking into this yesterday- I recall Google removing access to their calendars on certain standardised protocols which also means that you'll need to get a third party provider to sit in the middle. MS offers solutions which require you to migrate data to outlook.com which isn't ideal.

For me, I'm just hoping if Google won't open up their calendars, then hopefully they'll release a high quality application for Windows which can.

leeshor

I was probably mistakenly thinking the OP was using the Google calendar in a browser, which is what I do.

Telstar1948

I have a GN3 and had such a hassle trying to get a proper sync going with contacts and calendar between my SP3 and my GN3 that I got eM Client for my desktop on my SP3 and also the MUI version on my Start page. It all syncs just fine with no hiccups. I tried every which way to get this done using Outlook and the People app, but it wasn't going to happen no matter how I linked accounts.

cliffr39

I have the Mail/Calendar app on my SP3 sync with my Google accounts. I notice that when I add/modify a calendar event or delete an email they do not replicate onto my iPhone or web browser viewing the calendar/gmail. I have to tell the Windows app to sync (click on the circle/arrow icon manually). Then when I open the calendar I see the items populate.

Not sure why, but the Windows apps don't push out what it changes (unless it does it every so many hours?).

Telstar1948

Glad you got at least a manual sync working using Mail/Calendar. I couldn't for some reason, including my contacts (People app). That's why I decided to look for an answer so that everything (email, calendar, contacts) would sync without me having to remember to do manual syncs. Using eM Client for desktop mail/calendar/contacts syncs beautifully with my GN3. I bought OneCalendar for my MUI on my SP3 and it syncs with my eM Client calendar anytime I open it. Each to their own - I would have preferred it to have worked with Outlook/Mail/People, but it just wasn't going to happen for some reason. Actually, I didn't have trouble with email syncing across devices using Outlook/Mail, but when it came to the calendar & contacts, no dice. Now it all syncs with no real effort on my part.

That's why I finally decided to use Chrome instead of IE. I wanted the Favorites/tabs to sync but that wouldn't happen with my GN3 using IE on my SP3 (no IE for Android). Chrome syncs between my SP3 and my GN3. Later, I wasn't too happy with Chrome being a resource hog, so I went with Firefox on both devices and it syncs between them just fine. However, I still find myself using IE at times (like right now I'm using MUI IE posting this) because it is so much smoother scrolling etc. than Chrome or Firefox. So, for general surfing I tend to use MUI IE, but on the desktop I use Firefox for research and such so that I'll have Favorites and tabs synced just in case. Not ideal, but tech life seems to be a never ending set of compromises.

Clintro

FWIW, I use the Metro version of Chrome and have not noticed a reduction in battery or resources. I prefer all the linked services on Chrome and tried IE for a bit, but still dislike it. I have not tried Firefox in a long time however.

netuser

Is it really a "Metro version" of Chrome or just regular old x86 Chrome running in a pseudo full screen mode from the Start screen?