What's new

Systemhadware/UEFI Update Strangeness

LowerBavarian

Hi *,

since the March Update i get every week on Windows Update a Systemhardware Update called "Systemhardwareupdate 11.03.2014" (I'm German)
In Windows Update History it is logged as installed successfully. now for 11 Times!!!! I tried to install it from the Microsoft Site directly last month. Yesterday, while you got the June Updates it came again and installed also successfully, not.....

Did anyone of you had the same Problem? And if yes, whats the solution to get tue Firmware update installed?

Thx in Advance

greetings from Bavaria

Tobi

This update is related to the type covers. For some reason windows needs to keep the files around after the update, and will try to reinstall each time they are removed, but a process like disk cleanup. To stop if from showing up, install and don't clean Windows update when you run disk cleanup.

Hi *,

since the March Update i get every week on Windows Update a Systemhardware Update called "Systemhardwareupdate 11.03.2014" (I'm German)
In Windows Update History it is logged as installed successfully. now for 11 Times!!!! I tried to install it from the Microsoft Site directly last month. Yesterday, while you got the June Updates it came again and installed also successfully, not.....

Did anyone of you had the same Problem? And if yes, whats the solution to get tue Firmware update installed?

Thx in Advance

greetings from Bavaria

Tobi

MysticEmpires

Some bug here but with "Sytemfirmwareupdate":

bug.jpg

Last edited:
OP
L

LowerBavarian

Thx to all for the Replies! I find it a bit kinda Strange that only this type Cover update will be installed again and again. However, it Don't mind anymore. The Info from ericpelleg seems good fort me!