What's new

time for me to upgrade from my SP2 with power cover

toaf

so, its time for me to upgrade. i know the i5 SP4 is better for battery life but the i7 i hear is a bear.
i would say 1 time a month i come home with 20/40% battery life with my SP2 and power cover.
do any of you surface gurus have any ideas to help me chose.

a part of me thinks the best option is almost NOT to upgrade.

also, has anyone noticed battery usage differences between 8 gig or 16 gig?

right now the best bet seems to be an I5 with 8 or 16 gigs of ram. but i fear i will run low on power semi often.

p.s. surface book is not realy an option, no usb on the tablet/notepad what ever the hell it is.

OP
toaf

toaf

all sorts of stuff from, 3d max to games, hooking up to continuous run printers. abit of everything. im still shocked they havent made a power cover for any surface past 2.. .. seems a shame

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Initially I was certainly surprised, but it seems that they are not doing it as a means of getting people to go for the surface book.

Given your use case, if it is continual, I'd be surprised if you'll last the day without plugging in. I can get an average of about 8 hours from mine (sp4 i5 128/4gb), but that's nothing but office and generally with flight mode on and power saver on with a low screen brightness.