What's new

touch issues aftter update 1

redbrick

Anyone experencing odd screen touch behavior after update 1? for instance, the keyboard would sucdenly jump and change itself from one format to anotther randomly. Other times, the swipe gestures is a hit or miss? If so, how did you fix it without a complete reinstall? I now have a bunch of softwares installed and configured. I'd hate to have to redo it all.

OP
R

redbrick

Oddly enough... my problem just fixed itself. The only thing I did was to use the on screen keyboard, and touch gestures more. All is back to normal now. I love using my surface pro2 like an iPad... no keyboard, no mouse, just the screen and a pen once in a while.

Thanks, this thread can be closed..

guymalloc

So, how many people remember that to close apps, you pull them down to the bottom of the screen, and HOLD them there 'till they flip around, then slide them down? Funny that all the help from Microsoft doesn't mention it anymore. I guess they want everything running all the time !!!

Richard W.

So, how many people remember that to close apps, you pull them down to the bottom of the screen, and HOLD them there 'till they flip around, then slide them down? Funny that all the help from Microsoft doesn't mention it anymore. I guess they want everything running all the time !!!

You gotta be kidding me!

That's what I'm doing wrong? I've had my RT for almost a year and I thought that the apps staying open all the time was a glitch. Had gotten used to opening the task manager all the time to close them that way. Not complicated, but another couple steps to fuss with. :mad:

This is something the MS needs to make a popup for new owners when they do the setup. Thank you very much for posting this.