What's new

US Pro 3 - UK Warranty

Marc Jones

Hi All,

New to the forum, and I know this will of been asked a million times....but I've gotta write my first post about something.

So I'm in the process of getting rid of my iPad for a Pro 3. I'll be getting a US one and I'm just wondering if I'm going to run into any issues if I want to buy the Microsoft warranty for it later down the line?

Cheers,
Marc

r0b123

Welcome Marc!

From what I recall, you have up to 30 days to purchase Microsoft Complete. So yes, you can purchase the warranty later but you have limited time. Someone here will correct me if I'm wrong on the days.

AllTaken

Welcome Marc!

From what I recall, you have up to 30 days to purchase Microsoft Complete. So yes, you can purchase the warranty later but you have limited time. Someone here will correct me if I'm wrong on the days.

Sounds about right - I'm running an i5 8GB 'US Model' purchased from eBay. The warranty is international, meaning if I have an issue and Microsoft agree to a swap for a refurb they'll simply UPS the machine to them in the UK and replace with a UK Model.

As for the differences in the two machines, US and UK, there are none bar the 8.1 installation being US vs UK, you can change the language on initial setup etc, or even after.

Only snafu I have experienced is that upon recovery via the Microsoft site the serial number is recognised as the US Region which shows me the download for the US 8.1. This is a very, very minor issue and tbh I do not know what the difference between the US and UK 8.1 download would be as they both have language packs for each other in the download anyway.

LONG STORY SHORT - NO ISSUES ;)

Liam2349

You do have a window to buy the warranty, however I believe it's 45 days in the UK. Whether you can purchase the warranty in the UK for a US device, I'm not sure. Personally I would call the Microsoft store and ask them.

AllTaken

You do have a window to buy the warranty, however I believe it's 45 days in the UK. Whether you can purchase the warranty in the UK for a US device, I'm not sure. Personally I would call the Microsoft store and ask them.

You can - it's done online when you register.

malberttoo

Hi All,

New to the forum, and I know this will of been asked a million times....but I've gotta write my first post about something.

So I'm in the process of getting rid of my iPad for a Pro 3. I'll be getting a US one and I'm just wondering if I'm going to run into any issues if I want to buy the Microsoft warranty for it later down the line?

Cheers,
Marc

Hi Mark, and welcome!

Here is the info you need. You have 45 days to purchase Complete. It is IMHO a necessity for the Surface Pro 3. It is an amazing value.

http://www.microsoft.com/surface/en-us/support/warranty-service-and-recovery/surface-warranty

AllTaken

"Out of Region Exchange Policy
Your Surface is configured for a different country or region from your ship to address. This means that you are attempting an exchange in a different country or region than the one in which your device was initially purchased. Your device will be exchange for a device configured to the country or region of your current ship to address."