What's new

Verification code Surface Pro 3 late

OP
B

BruceB

I've used the phone app on my WP8 phone and on my Android...both work very well.

The problem with that app is that in order to get the app set up, you have to have a verification code - which is the original problem! I am going to try re-provisioning the account, but have not had the time yet.

OP
B

BruceB

I had this very thing happen the first week of October this year, for a whole week. Drove me crazy. I could not 'verify' my account on my Surface Pro 3.

Finally I told Microsoft (by phone) to "re-provision" my account. They said they didn't want to do that, because it would also reset my stored payment methods, and password. I said 'Go'.

Problem fixed. No explanation as to why it was taking so long for the codes to arrive. But an email came in with a 'reset password' link. I did that, and all is good.

After close to 4 hours on the phone with MS and being bounced from one department to another (some places I spoke to three times) they would not re-provision the account. Whether they did not have the expertise or have directives not to do that I don't know. Finally agreed to set up a new MS account. Three departments helped with that. But today the password set up does not work. I think it is time to return the $1,000 paperweight that I now own.

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
... did not have the expertise ... set up a new MS account ... today the password set up does not work. I think it is time to return the $1,000 paperweight that I now own.

Disaster. Sorry about all that. I hope you can recover the password and get that machine running, instead of a return.

Jose Miguel

So I bought today a Surface pro 3 (i3 64Gb) for my father (he is 86, so I setted up it for him, with his MS account) . I own a 256Gb i7, with 4 months of use and no problem at all.
When I was setting it up, and needed the verificación code, happended to me what the op describes. The phone I provided doesn't admit text messaging, so I tried to get it in a phone call, but it was impossible to understand it (very bad sound quality ). I had to wait 3 hours to get it by email. .....unuseful.
So finally I completed the setup process, but without a verificación code.
Wich are the consequences of this? I guess no Store......
I would like to avoid the hassel described in this thread......anyone knows a simple way? (I have no problems creating a new account...)