What's new

Wavy lines with NTrig on SP3?

xemox

Was thinking about buying one and just had one quick question regarding the stylus -

When using Photoshop or Sketchbook Pro - when drawing 45 degree lines slowly - are the lines straight or wavy?

Thanks!

hoschilo

Was thinking about buying one and just had one quick question regarding the stylus -

When using Photoshop or Sketchbook Pro - when drawing 45 degree lines slowly - are the lines straight or wavy?

Thanks!

I don't have photoshop or sketchbook but the phenomena is clearly existing in Onenote or Windows Journal. The "wavyness" depends on the speed when you draw the line. Similar experience I have while writing - the text seems to be more smooth when writing fast.
BTW: I had (or still have) WACOM technology using devices before and there I've had a similar issue also with wavy lines but there related to the pen pressure (altering pen pressure at the beginning or end of a line/character). Slow drawing 45° lines no problem, however and as mostly known, terrible accuracy on the borders of the screen.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
The n-trig digitizer does this with slow strokes, MS and m-trig are working on an updated driver that is supposed to include the ability to adjust the Pressure Curve and some additional settings targeting artists....no ETA as of now though

RémiM

I've been using one note a lot, and I noticed the same problem.

All my 45° lines are perfect waves.

At the beginning I thought I was shaking my hand.