What's new

Well, you guys finally done it

goodintentions

I've been drooling for a sp3 for month, mostly for work and to replace my old 2007 laptop.

Well, today, I finally took the plunge.

Thanks a lot, guys. I am now $780 poorer. Bought an i5 set with keyboard like new on amazon.

ScottyS

Congratulations. These forums are a place where many come to troubleshoot problems, or just complain about bugs. And despite all those complaints, you where sold on getting the SP3. Truth is, even with some problems or bugs, we love our SP3s! At least I do, hope you do too.

Frank Jackson

We took the plunge today also I got a i5/256 and my wife snagged a i5/128. Been working on getting them up and running Pretty nice so far.

kundas1

We took the plunge today also I got a i5/256 and my wife snagged a i5/128. Been working on getting them up and running Pretty nice so far.

congrats, you just secured no whoopee with your wife for the next 6 months! LOL probably a divorce too :p

I've been drooling for a sp3 for month, mostly for work and to replace my old 2007 laptop.

Well, today, I finally took the plunge.

Thanks a lot, guys. I am now $780 poorer. Bought an i5 set with keyboard like new on amazon.

congrats to you, but guarantee it won't be "mostly for work" you do know that right? LOL :p

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Congrats. I expect you will be very pleased about your purchase, and happy about discussing it with the helpful members of this forum.

dleuen

Congrats to the new SP3 owners! The ride is not without its bumps but honestly this is by far the best all around, most used device I've ever owned. And this forum is a wonderful resource for any questions that you may have. I hope you get the same amount of use and enjoyment that I and many others have.

OP
G

goodintentions

congrats, you just secured no whoopee with your wife for the next 6 months! LOL probably a divorce too :p

congrats to you, but guarantee it won't be "mostly for work" you do know that right? LOL :p
Actually, it really will be mostly for work. I don't play games.

I'll be spending half my time working on some projects for my day job (I'm an engineer) and the other half working on my apps for the windows store.

I've been using an old Toshiba from like 2007 or so. I've replaced the screen, battery, hard drive, keyboard, and the power plug. That said, it's still dying. It's noticeably slowing down. The fan runs all the time. And it's freakin' hot all the time. It takes forever to debug my apps. I mean, every time I make a change to the xaml file, the computer would stutter and stutter before it changes for me.

I'll be running VS2013 on the i5 sp3 most of the time. Hopefully, it will be powerful enough.

Arizona Willie

My owner is using my old ASUS G1 Laptop from 2007.

It creaks and rumbles but all she does is play those games with the falling jewels and, once in awhile, she gets on the net but not too often.

I' waiting for the Surface Pro 4 and then I may put her to using this Surface Pro I and get myself a new SurfacePro 4.

I just wish the motherboard in my desktop had held up longer so I could replace it with a Surface Pro 4 and a docking station. But noooooo .... it had to go start acting up one me a week ago. All the free space on the hard drive keeps disappearing and it has been virus checked up one side and down the other. Had the AVAST tech support on it for over 4 hours and it seems to be clean. Something wrong with the drive controller I suspect.

So now I'm shopping for a motherboard replacement that will let me reuse my processor and memory.

Grrrrr.

PS Dear Microsoft please hurry and bring us the Surface Pro 4 with Windows 10.

LMAO. That's dedication.