What's new

Why would a website like www.westmarine.com not work correctly on the sp3

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Some sites are just badly coded, or they designed it for a specific browser using non standard features etc. They don't really want your business... go elsewhere.

leeshor

Damn-you-autocorrect.jpg

OP
M

Mikewired

Yep, it should have been department. It is one of those websites that you hover over each category and keep making selections without selecting. Works on my android moto x, iPad 3, and the sp3 only with the trackpad/mouse.

leeshor

There are a few coding errors on that page, CSS and JavaScript, but nothing I can see that should be getting in the way. Which browser are you using? Guessing Metro. Does it work with desktop IE?

If it is just the touch problem it may in fact be the site.

iDatus

Why would a website like www.westmarine.com not work correctly on the sp3 using touch? Try and select shop by dependent then another sub category.
Ok from your link it worked for me.
I had to hold my finger on say Men Selecting for a second or two then item jackets.
From jackets I couldn't hit shop by department to get list again. It seems from that point the web site is looking at location of mouse pointer so when you take your finger of screen it disappears.
I just hit West Marine logo which loads front page and it works again.

Pepper

I find many sites that use hover/dropdown menu and the like, work a lot better using the pen because you can hover the pen, which you can't do with finger.

Or, plug in a USB mouse.