What's new

Windows 10 Calculator & Command Prompt - LOL

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Calculator: You cannot be serious!

Shameful.

This is what happens when you contract out code and don't keep them on a very short leash.

Last edited:
OP
G

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Command Prompt ... LOL you can't change the Window Size in Tablet Mode. Giant narrow strip top to bottom.

OP
G

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Agreed. Have you found a better one in the store? I've been searching but there's a lot to sort through.
Not yet, I couldn't even find the calculator at first ... went to the store and it said Windows Calculator is Installed... had to use search to find it... IT was hidden for a reason. :)

I'm almost certainly going to keep running 8.1. The only thing I like about 10 so far is it launches app fast, the rest I wouldn't give a plugged nickel for... fortunately I didn't even give one of those, probably would have asked for it back.

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Type 'calc' to Cortana or in a Run command.

But here's my (free)
Screenshot (142).png
calculator:

OP
G

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
For the time being I guess I'll use Calculator One the Lucky Calculator it seems appropriate for the current times.
LuckyCalc: 7 + 3 = {do you feel lucky?} Well... do ya?

Don't see anything like Sharps Calculator in the Store but I didn't search the web or check alternativeto.net yet.
Maybe I can find a Casio Fx 260 emulator or a TI emulator.

Last edited:
OP
G

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Maybe this is Microsoft's way of inviting developers to the Windows 10 ecosystem... by creating a hole for them to fill... so far easy pickens are Mail, Calculator, Solitaire yes, they even screwed up Solitaire for heavens sake and I haven't tried a lot of stuff yet.

compnovo

Not yet, I couldn't even find the calculator at first ... went to the store and it said Windows Calculator is Installed... had to use search to find it... IT was hidden for a reason. :)

I'm almost certainly going to keep running 8.1. The only thing I like about 10 so far is it launches app fast, the rest I wouldn't give a plugged nickel for... fortunately I didn't even give one of those, probably would have asked for it back.
I've upgraded all the computers in our home to Win10. There are some elements I liked better in Win7 and Win8, but for our household the pros are outweighing the cons. The "free" part was part of my decision-making process, of course. :)