What's new

Windows 10 Preview on Surface Pro 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

mitchellvii

What are you using for Antivirus?

Just using Defender. The failure is occurring when the install appears 99% complete. I think I am running the stock video drivers rather than the SP3 ones. Maybe that is it since it is saying there is a driver error?

Ok deleted display driver and trying again.

Last edited:

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Just using Defender. The failure is occurring when the install appears 99% complete. I think I am running the stock video drivers rather than the SP3 ones. Maybe that is it since it is saying there is a driver error?

Ok deleted display driver and trying again.
That could be it, it looks like the Windows 10 Beta Drivers were written in March...(at least the HD4400 version).

mitchellvii

Nope deleting display drivers did not help. Disabled Defender and trying again. One more thing. Removed usb dongle for wireless mouse in case that is causing a driver issue. If this doesn't work I'll try detaching keyboard.

Ok, nothing is working here. Going to just have to do a refresh on last update then try this one again.

Last edited:

bluegrass

Thanks.. Is anyone else having a problem with launching digital media ie. pictures or videos? The file opens but Windows Explorer crashes and then restarts.

I just opened up several photos and videos in one of my OneDrive folders without a problem.

I also got the two new updates after updating to 9879.

I've also noticed that its all or nothing with the eraser. Touch something and it erases anything contiguous to what you touch.

Last edited:

bluegrass

Anyone see & know what all the red X's indicate that are in the bottom left corner on all the OneDrive files & folders icons? I can't seem to find or open a MUI version of OneDrive. Is it gone or has it just changed to work like Explorer now. It's fine with me. I usually preferred looking at OneDrive in Windows Explorer anyway. I also pinned the new Insider Hub icon to the Start menu that was in the All Programs list.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
The MUI version of OneDrive is deprecated in this release. The fix is to sync everything or start over...to start over copy the files to another location (external drive). First stop the skydrive.exe, then copy the folder contents, delete the OneDrive Folder, restart skydrive.exe select what you want to sync from your OneDrive....

OP
sharpuser

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
No Caps lock indicator light with Windows 10.
Others worldwide report no caps, numlock, or scroll lights on 3rd party keyboards also.

The keys work, but the indicators do not light.

mitchellvii

No Caps lock indicator light with Windows 10.
Others worldwide report no caps, numlock, or scroll lights on 3rd party keyboards also.

The keys work, but the indicators do not light.

Odd the things that get left out in new builds.

Overall systems seems snappy. Explorer still slower than Chrome. The icons on the taskbar seem more 3 dimensional to me with smoother edges.

I went ahead and installed in Intel graphics drivers without incident to get my gamma controls back. Screen seems brighter and colors more vivid now.

mcsenerd

I've been running this since day one on both my Surface Pro 2 and my Dell Inspiron 3147, and as contrary to fanboi opinion as it might be, I'm just not real impressed that this version is any kind of groundbreaking improvement for a touchscreen device. Sure, for a mouse and keyboard user...maybe it's a godsend, but if you've got a real touch-capable device...sorry, I'm just not feeling it. By the way, this latest build broke the autorotation on the Dell, so later this weekend I'm gonna have to troubleshoot that. I think it's some kind of issue with the STMicro gyroscope driver right now...

Status
Not open for further replies.