What's new

Windows 10 Preview on Surface Pro 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

hardhit

Can you guys check if your feedback app is still working?
Wanted to send some feedback today but the feedback app each time comes back with below message.

Attachments

• 15-11-2014 17-04-37.png
    15-11-2014 17-04-37.png
    11.8 KB · Views: 398

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Can you guys check if your feedback app is still working?
Wanted to send some feedback today but the feedback app each time comes back with below message.
Same error, but I know the Windows 10 Insider Program was addressing some earlier errors, so my guess they took it offline for fixing....write up your feedback in Word or Notepad and check back later today.

rege0039

1.Right click desktop
2.Select screen resolution
3.Advance Settings
4.Adapter tab - Properties
5.Driver tab - Uninstall (note. checkbox delete installed drivers)
6.Restart Windows with internet connection and it will install the drivers

Tried this on my i5/4/128 and I just get left with a Microsoft driver and when I try to update none is applied.

How do I get back to the Intel driver I had before ? The present one seems too saturated and overly bright.

Can I get a driver from intel for this ?

rege0039

Looks like there is a way to take a glimpse of Continuum. Anyone try this yet? Left my SP3 at work and will try to do this if I can remember to pick it up.

http://microsoft-news.com/registry-...a-glimpse-of-continium-feature-in-windows-10/

• Launch the Registry Editor (hit the Windows key and R, type regedit, and then press Enter) and then navigate to the following key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ImmersiveShell\Launcher
  • Click Edit > New > DWORD (32-bit) Value, and name it UseExperience.
  • Double-click the newly create item and set the value to 1.
  • Click OK, close the Registry Editor and then restart your computer — or just restart Explorer

Article above warns the following, so be mindful if you proceed to do this: "Enabling this registry hack may corrupt your Start experience. So, don’t try this on your everyday machines."

I tried it and just got a messed up start menu and reverted straight back.

r0b123

I tried it and just got a messed up start menu and reverted straight back.

Yea I see the same weird looking Start menu. Tried disconnecting keyboard and didn't get prompted for tablet mode. Reverted back and all is well again.

ScottyS

Looks like there is a way to take a glimpse of Continuum. Anyone try this yet? Left my SP3 at work and will try to do this if I can remember to pick it up.

http://microsoft-news.com/registry-...a-glimpse-of-continium-feature-in-windows-10/

• Launch the Registry Editor (hit the Windows key and R, type regedit, and then press Enter) and then navigate to the following key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ImmersiveShell\Launcher
  • Click Edit > New > DWORD (32-bit) Value, and name it UseExperience.
  • Double-click the newly create item and set the value to 1.
  • Click OK, close the Registry Editor and then restart your computer — or just restart Explorer

Article above warns the following, so be mindful if you proceed to do this: "Enabling this registry hack may corrupt your Start experience. So, don’t try this on your everyday machines."
Yes, I tried this (can't resist a registry hack). The resulting start menu is quite broken, not much really works.
If you want to see what it looks like, have a look at the video at WinBeta.org. Once you see it you'll see there's no point enabling this at this time.

Not sure what you mean by "Enabling this registry hack may corrupt your Start experience. So, don’t try this on your everyday machines." Build 9879 screwed up my boot menu experience in that I not longer get the boot menu if I use Restart. I have to shutdown and then power up. And even that doesn't always work; I sometimes just boot straight to what I have set as the default OS.

bmack

1.Swipe from the right to bring out the charms menu
2. Select search
3. Type Run
4. then follow the steps to get back to the folder then remove what you created
5. restart

OP
sharpuser

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
bmack,

Your problem is likely OneDrive related. You should still be able to browse to other photo locations, if you have previously been storing photos locally outside of the OneDrive folder.

Build 9879 has changed the way OneDrive works, in that a computer's OneDrive folder no longer shows a full inventory of files available locally, and in OneDrive. Instead, the OneDrive folder will only show files which are local, which may or may not be synchronized to the OneDrive cloud.

To see the union of all synchronized files from all devices , access the OneDrive website (OneDrive.com).

The above is a change from previous builds, and apparently represents the way Microsoft plans to implement OneDrive under Windows 10. But that means that your Photos MUI App OneDrive access will be broken; Message "Your System Administrator has blocked the use of OneDrive". Even though YOU may be the System Administrator, this link will be broken until the Photos MUI app is re-written for the new OneDrive access.

I hope this is helpful

Screenshot (180).png

r0b123

With build 9879 I'm unable to apps from Windows Store. Anyone seeing the same issue? I've submitted feedback and curious if people can install apps. Previous build I was able to install apps and not sure if its my system or if Build 9879 is broken.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
With build 9879 I'm unable to apps from Windows Store. Anyone seeing the same issue? I've submitted feedback and curious if people can install apps. Previous build I was able to install apps and not sure if its my system or if Build 9879 is broken.
I needed to repair a couple of Apps but for the most part my MUI Apps work (except navigation in the Kindle App is broke under Windows 10).

Status
Not open for further replies.