What's new

Windows 10 Preview on Surface Pro 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

B'midbar

Ugh. Now when I click on "Settings" I get an error message, "Element Not Found". Seriously, WTF? It's like this build is self destructing before my eyes.

Reflashed the Intel Drivers and now Settings works again. Crazy.

** UPDATE: Went in and checked my Power Settings. Saw it was set to "Performance" by default. Checked it back to "Balanced" and the fan immediately went silent. I guess maybe that was the issue?

I've been running SpeedFan on my SP3 ever since I got it.

AntonioG

Well - business day #1 with 9926 on my daily driver...

Is anyone noticing 'Windows Shell Experience Host' hovering around 30-35% CPU utilization? I'm on a Surface Pro 3 i7 - and it has the fan blowing at max. I whacked it - and now it seems normal (0-2% CPU time.) On a fresh boot - same symptoms.

Running standard fare - Outlook 2013, Lync 2013 (desktop), Word/Excel/Project 2013, Skype (desktop), Juniper VPN Client. SP3 docked with external monitor, BT keyboard and mouse.

Thanks for any feedback!

Reactions: rkz

rkz

Yes. Me too. Thought I solved it by turning off sync and removing files from the TrainedDataStore directory. No dice. Still happens after I reboot.

Edit: Not windows shell experience but host process for settings synchronization. Sorry

Edit:actually yes. Also windows she'll experience (raised eyebrow)

Last edited:

CV81

Is there a reason the icons look hideous from the get go ? I signed out and signed back in too.

kHII0px.png

GTiceman

Well - business day #1 with 9926 on my daily driver...

Is anyone noticing 'Windows Shell Experience Host' hovering around 30-35% CPU utilization? I'm on a Surface Pro 3 i7 - and it has the fan blowing at max. I whacked it - and now it seems normal (0-2% CPU time.) On a fresh boot - same symptoms.

Running standard fare - Outlook 2013, Lync 2013 (desktop), Word/Excel/Project 2013, Skype (desktop), Juniper VPN Client. SP3 docked with external monitor, BT keyboard and mouse.

Thanks for any feedback!

Opened up Outlook 2013 and Lync 2013 on mine. Also conencted my USB 3.0 dock, though it isn't working properly. My Shell Experience host is not using even 1% most of the time. Chrome is up and down. Microsoft Windows Search Indexing/Protcol/Filtering all keep coming in around 4%. Fan is pretty quiet. Though my system keeps crashing randomly regardless of the display drivers used. Have flashed the old display drivers, but obviously I keep getting the new ones flashed when checking for updates.

GTiceman

Is there a reason the icons look hideous from the get go ? I signed out and signed back in too.

kHII0px.png

Those look like mine. The icon set for windows has been completely changed now. Do you mean they look blurry? Bad graphics, iff so read around page 62 to see graphics discussions.

malberttoo

I've had W10 running on my SP2 since it was available and it runs pretty well.

But I tried to do it on my SP3 and I got display flickering, mouse freezes, dead keyboard... basically forced me to do a complete format and reinstall of W8.1. Ugh. My SP3 ain't touching this release.

Same issue I and a few others have had. It's the Intel display driver crashing. Some have gotten around it, I was not able to.

http://www.surfaceforums.net/threads/win10-rendered-my-sp3-unusable.13828/

Status
Not open for further replies.