What's new

Windows 10 Preview on Surface Pro 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

mitchellvii

It seems more people are having issues with the i7 HD5000 versus the i5 HD4400, I could be wrong though
I've owned an i7 laptop and an i5 laptop and for the life of me, the i7 seemed no faster for 99% of the things an average person does. Now desktops are a different matter. All things considered - heat, battery, etc., to me the i5 is the sweet spot for mobile.

mitchellvii

Asked a couple times and don't think anyone answered. I can't get IE to launch at all. I click the icon and nada. Any ideas? It's the only thing which seems to be misfiring for me on this build.

** Update. Ok, it will let me Run as Administrator but just clicking the icon does nothing.

OP
sharpuser

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Asked a couple times and don't think anyone answered. I can't get IE to launch at all. I click the icon and nada. Any ideas? It's the only thing which seems to be misfiring for me on this build.

** Update. Ok, it will let me Run as Administrator but just clicking the icon does nothing.

Do you mean the icon on the Task Bar?

GTiceman

I've owned an i7 laptop and an i5 laptop and for the life of me, the i7 seemed no faster for 99% of the things an average person does. Now desktops are a different matter. All things considered - heat, battery, etc., to me the i5 is the sweet spot for mobile.

I agree. the only reason I went back to the i7 was because MS gave it to me for about $100 more than the i5 after I had issues with my i5.

RémiM

I has the same issue, soved it with searching for google in the search box and clicking enter. An IE window opened with the results of my search. Pinned it to the taskbar. Since then it works perfectly.

wynand32

Has anyone figured out how to make the pen button open Desktop OneNote 2013 instead of MUI OneNote? I set it to default which used to work but no longer does.

MUI OneNote seems to have removed the option to change pen thickness? Only choice you have is ultra-fine which kind of blows. Whatever happened to the cool and useful little pop-up pie controls? Is this another example of M$ improving our lives by breaking something everyone loved?

Dunno, but what's weird is that I did a clean install of Win10 and still have the "old" MUI OneNote. Don't understand for the life of me why I didn't get the "new" one (not that I care either way; I still use OneNote 2013 pretty exclusively).

Status
Not open for further replies.