What's new

Windows 10 Preview on Surface Pro 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

RémiM

Surprisingly, my system (8Gb of RAM) uses 11% of memory at idle.

Far from the ~20% of 9926.

Well, 10041 is so far so good, but from a user point of view it is not very different from 9926.

If someone figures out how to get the Intel HD update that fails to install, please share the solution !

mitchellvii

Surprisingly, my system (8Gb of RAM) uses 11% of memory at idle.

Far from the ~20% of 9926.

Well, 10041 is so far so good, but from a user point of view it is not very different from 9926.

If someone figures out how to get the Intel HD update that fails to install, please share the solution !

After 2 months we should at least get Clippy.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I have it installed, some nice UI Tweaks and added stability, MWDA is working mostly but performance is off. Word of warning, during setup it sat at 3% for a good 10+ minutes, but I left it and it went to 4% than 12%. The total upgrade time was roughly a half hour.

OP
sharpuser

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Up and running. Very snappy. Trying it out.

Screenshot (1).png

wynand32

Interestingly, went to install Windows 10 on my SP3 via the Windows Insider page, and it installed 9926. Okey dokey. Installed a bunch of 9926 updates, got past the Intel HD update that wanted to be fussy on me, and now finally updating to 10041. Interestingly, my Dell Venue 8 Pro isn't seeing 10041, and so I wonder if there's a small-device limitation of some sort.

Status
Not open for further replies.