What's new

Windows 10 Preview on Surface Pro 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

r0b123

Saw the mistake and corrected :) Figures Project Spartan aka Microsoft Edge would give me issues. Need to go back to Chrome or FireFox...

Sven

Clean install using 10074 ISO for my SP3.

After running the updates, everything seems fine, except for Cortana, which never says my name and always addresses me as "<username>" in any search result ...

Last edited:

Kris

10074 is great, just one complaint. I liked going to my network, using explorer, double clicking on my HTPC and using it's user name and password to log onto it. Windows 8.1 and older versions of 10 allowed me to do this but 10074 tells me I put in the wrong user name or password no matter what. I have to join Homegroup to access it now, works but for some reason I always got faster network speeds when not using Homegroup.

drigerott

hi all,

In win 10 i can't play to My tv from browser (video streaming) but with win 8.1 and metro IE i can ....

there is a work around?

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
New build, yay :) Something to keep me distracted from some much needed last minute cramming :)

hi all,

In win 10 i can't play to My tv from browser (video streaming) but with win 8.1 and metro IE i can ....

there is a work around?

Are you trying to use a specific piece of hardware such as an hdmi streaming stick? Is it present across all browsers e.g chrome, or is this just specific to internet explorer?

drigerott

No esterna hardware... only My Panasonic GT60 e My pc..

Play to of a video trough Windows Explorer Works... right click on video- play to- Panasonic

but in win 8.1 with metro IE i can (when i'm watching a streaming) right charme bar, device - play - Panasonic

In win 10 there is nothig... if i press media connect in notification bar, can't find the tv.

Sven

So I appreciate what MS are doing with Windows 10, and there are some extremely great features coming.

But for me (and I know others have said this) the tablet mode is basically pointless, it's essentially a maximised desktop mode with clumsy navigation. Seems like an afterthought. Windows 8.1 functions far superior in comparison. (Build 10074).

Oh well - still nice to try.

larryeli

Installed 10074 connected my Microsoft wireless display adapter everything is ok except it lags and some graphics tear when watching video on extended screen is there a workaround or a better Intel driver that works flawlessly with MWDA... don't wanna go back to 8.1 coz really loving the windows 10 and I'm always using MWDA help much appreciated thnx

Haldi

where did the snipping tool go ? -.-

btw, the new transparent Start menue looks nice, except for the non tiles.... the icon Background is now ALL the same color.... and it looks stupid!

Startmenue.png

pbaird

Great..... They pushed 10074 out to the slow ring, and I'm having VPN client problems with this build again.
Update - Phew!! It started working again. Here's what I had to do in case others keep going crazy too -
Uninstalled all Juniper software
rebooted
Connected to the gateway site again and let the software reinstall - it wouldn't connect
rebooted
Now it works!

Last edited:

r0b123

@haidi Click on Cortana / search bar (or use Windows key), then type first few letter and snipping tool should appear.

I have not been paying attention, but not sure why non-Microsoft tiles, i.e., ESPN are not updating even after turning live tile on for each. Microsoft tiles are updated like Money and Weather.

I see what others mean about network items that require username/password. Windows doesn't recognize the name, but if I use the IP address it works. Also the new Notification center sound when an event happens like plugging in a device or an email arrives is nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.