What's new

Windows 10 Preview on Surface Pro 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

gbenrus25

I like 8.1 love 10. I don't consider it a finished product otherwise I would be angry with it. We are still a way from release even if that is July.
I think windows 10 would be great once finished. Speed should be faster and it should be more stable. I'm just a bit concerned that it won't be stable come July. July isn't that far away and there are still so many rough edges

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Just remember that there is nothing set in stone. So far july is nothing but rumour, even if from an industry source (AMD)

GTiceman

I think windows 10 would be great once finished. Speed should be faster and it should be more stable. I'm just a bit concerned that it won't be stable come July. July isn't that far away and there are still so many rough edges
We don't see any where close to all the builds. I think it will be pretty solid. Remember a July release doesn't mean final code that needs to be packaged since MS said windows update will be an update path. They could do builds until the day before. Also bring on the day ring they could be testing things not going in the initial package.

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Also, it may not be the case, but i would be surprised if MS didn't try and have the sp4 launch and win 10 launch coincide. I imagine the last thing they want is to launch the sp4 and then a month after new owners have gotten used to it, flip their operating system and experience upside down with an upgrade to 10.

Damnit. Unisstalled the graphics drivers to try and sort out my second display, no idea why it's all of a sudden thrown a hissy after so many months of issue-free use, and update just plain won't find me a replacement driver. Even did a refresh but to no avail.

GTiceman

Also, it may not be the case, but i would be surprised if MS didn't try and have the sp4 launch and win 10 launch coincide. I imagine the last thing they want is to launch the sp4 and then a month after new owners have gotten used to it, flip their operating system and experience upside down with an upgrade to 10.

I do agree unless they break the cycle and release next year

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
@mitchellvii just thought i'd mention that i fiddled with the graphics drivers, and since doing that my fan runs continually, the device is hot, and apparently nothing is going on in task manager (2% cpu usage).

gbenrus25

We don't see any where close to all the builds. I think it will be pretty solid. Remember a July release doesn't mean final code that needs to be packaged since MS said windows update will be an update path. They could do builds until the day before. Also bring on the day ring they could be testing things not going in the initial package.
Imagine how buggy the newer builds must be if the ones so far behind that we get to see are this buggy.

Also, they had better release a stable windows 10 if they really want windows 10 to pick up. All this talk about constant updates don't take away from the need for a top notch initial release

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Maybe your hardware is faulty

Another person who doesnt seem to have understood the difference between hardware and system. Of course my system is faulty.

edit: while it first seemed it was as a result of playing around with graphics drivers (this could very well be what has started this) but it seems mostly a spartan issue. Just having this page open is causing my machine to go nuts despite no cpu being used up etc according to device manager.

Last edited:

ScottyS

I'm a glutton for punishment. Tried one more time to upgrade to 10122 following instructions on Windows Insider Program blog.
Still failed.
Then after that it tried upgrading again automatically. I moved myself to the slow ring to put a stop to that.
In fact, Win8.1 seems like a cool update, and everything works.

Status
Not open for further replies.