What's new

Windows 10 Preview on Surface Pro 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

mitchellvii

Is Chrome a resource hog in this build?

So far no. While about 10 instances of Chrome always run when you run Chrome (just how it works), I was running Chrome earlier with a number of tabs open and only using about 38% memory. Also, on all browsers so far FAN IS COMPLETELY SILENT. SP3 running super cool to the touch. That's huge.

I've also noticed the scrolling stutter in Firefox when using touch is much improved.

GTiceman

So far no. While about 10 instances of Chrome always run when you run Chrome (just how it works), I was running Chrome earlier with a number of tabs open and only using about 38% memory. Also, on all browsers so far FAN IS COMPLETELY SILENT. SP3 running super cool to the touch. That's huge.

I've also noticed the scrolling stutter in Firefox when using touch is much improved.

My fan is running like a jet engine

mitchellvii

Clicking pen top does Launch OneNote but not Desktop OneNote even though that is selected as default. Double clicking does it kind of weird. It copies the whole screen into OneNote then once there you crop what you want.

Anyone knows how to default it to Desktop OneNote would appreciate it.

Stephan

I've installed Windows 10. Weirdly, when I go to "add features to Windows 10 Technical Preview" in the control panel, it's asking me my key product. I past the key product that Microsoft gave me when I've downloaded the ISO file, and it's says "wrong key product"... any idea why ?

mitchellvii

Font smoothing appears far improved over Windows 8.1. When inking in OneNote ink lines are smooth and anitaliased - no zaggies as in 8.1 Nice. As a matter of fact, fonts even in Office 2013 looks MUCH smoother. :)

Stephan

Secondly, I can't make Cortana working. It says "I'm afraid I'm not available to help in your region".. (I'm in France). I've changed the language (English), and my location (United States) but it still says "Not available in my region"... Do you know why ?

Thx !

mitchellvii

Is there some way to have Cortana stop saying, "That's me!" every time I call her? It's completely gay.

Cortana is not working in some regions.

m0v1em4n

GOOD NEWS ON VIDEO DRIVERS:

If you would like to enjoy the HD Control Panel with this build you can. You just need to delete the current drivers and reboot, then run the Setup from the extracted .zip file for the win64_15363 drivers. The latest ones will not work. Believe me, this screen looks MUCH better at full brightness with gamma cranked down to about a 6.

Since most of you probably don't have those lying around and because I'm such a swell guy :), I've uploaded them to my Dropbox account for you.

Good luck:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/k9558ni8n6e3rm9/AAAlB21xT-D7Ujir_ehAyGL_a?dl=0

Hi

Thanks for the upload, do you mean uninstall the present drive, won't they just reinstall when you boot?
sorry for the stupid question but just coming back to windows been using a Mac for the past year

Loving the changes thus far. One thing l find frustrating is using the search in tablet mode. The onscreen keyboard doesn't play nice with the search box.

Also, I need to get used to no more charms menu. I keep swiping there to pull up the search screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.