What's new

10/26 firmware inbound

buers

My problem with the sound over the mini display port of the docking (with HDMI-adaptor) disappeared now. I used system restore to the restore point before the firmware update. The sound worked again.

I got curious, and reapplied the firmware update – audio is still working. Also the critical errors in the system event log disappeared

No idea what happened, especially after I read, that firmware updates cannot be reverted.

Unfortunately, I have seen one other problem. While docked, I brought the device to hibernation (have enabled the menu entry for hibernation by a registry key). Next morning, the screen was black, but the fan was running and the backside was hot. The device did not react. Undocking did not make a difference. I pushed the power button for about 15 seconds and the fan switched off. Pushing the power button normally, the device woke up from hibernation – I can see it in the event log and also in the CPU graph of sysinternals proc explorer which was running in the background. The device seemed really off for a couple of hours, with the CPU running hot. ??

This was not reproducible, yet.