What's new

8/12 firmware update says succeeded, but not applied??

foghat

Hey all,

Installed the 8/12 firmware update on both my wife's surface and my surface. On my surface, I see the new touchpad options under 'Mouse and touchpad' settings.

However, on my wife's surface the new options are not there.

Looking at the update history on her surface, it shows a Status of succeeded for the firmware update.

Any idea what could be going on or how I can rectify?

Kif

Try rebooting it. I know that sounds too easy but give it a try. Also I've noticed there's a weird variance when surface updates are received on a client.

Zog1971

Hey all,

Installed the 8/12 firmware update on both my wife's surface and my surface. On my surface, I see the new touchpad options under 'Mouse and touchpad' settings.

However, on my wife's surface the new options are not there.

Looking at the update history on her surface, it shows a Status of succeeded for the firmware update.

Any idea what could be going on or how I can rectify?
I had to reboot twice after the updates for it to go into effect, for some reason.

OP
F

foghat

Ya, I should have mentioned I have rebooted about 4 or 5 times now.

No go. Is there a way to reinstall?

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yep, I didn't get that option either and due to another problem have rebooted a number of times as well.

malberttoo

I had to reboot twice after the updates for it to go into effect, for some reason.

Kind of the same with me, was weird. Even though after the updates were done I manually rebooted my SP3 twice for various reasons, the updates didn't apply until I actually clicked the "reboot now" button from within the Windows Update dialog.