What's new

Acer Doing Good in Sales

dtalexone

New Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2012
Messages
21
Points
0
Acer Expects to Nearly Triple Tablet Sales over Last Quarter

It has come to my attention that despite the Surface, other laptops carrying Windows are doing very well. I wonder if it has more to do with the lack of availability for the Surface than the fact that it carries Windows 8. Or maybe people just don't want to spend a lot of money on a portable computer. What do you guys think?
 
I think a lot of people don't have $1,000 to spend on a Surface Pro. Of course Microsoft's screwy rollout of the Surface didn't help.
 
I agree. If the success of other Window 8 manufacturers are any indication, I'd say that people would be willing to buy the rumored Surface Mini if it were offered at a much lower price. Me thinks like maybe around $300?
 
I would hazard a guess that the *significant* contribution in numbers shipped will be from their B line, which is running on Android.
 
Yeah I'm thinking the Surface Mini would be around 299$ too. I think Nokia might enter in with a similar device at 199$..I remember reading an article on CNN Money a while back and it described windows 8 tabs from Acer as having "good sales"
 
Nokia is entering with a $199 device? Do you have a link or the name of the device?
 
Back
Top