What's new

Adobe Bridge Hardware graphics acceleration?

OP
B

BobG

I've had lightroon for several years. Can't seem to stop hating it. It's really clunky. Especially hate that you can't move palettes to second monitor. Too much feature bloat. I'll stay in Photoshop if I want to deal with a jillion features.

mitchellvii

I know intel has beta drivers listed. Some chance they may fix this Bridge problem but I doubt it. Seems like an Adobe issue. Adobe has been famously uncooperative bringing their software up to speed to work with high res screens.

OP
B

BobG

Yes. I cancelled and uninstalled Adobe CC. There aren't any worthwhile improvements over CS4 to justify spending a dime. I'm not actively creating new photography much, and I have CS5 on my work machine. It seems like Adobe is floundering a bit these days, jumping beds from Apple to Google and various other strange behavior.

The stuff is just getting stale. I'd probably be fine with any version back to about CS2.

Len J

Yes. I cancelled and uninstalled Adobe CC. There aren't any worthwhile improvements over CS4 to justify spending a dime. I'm not actively creating new photography much, and I have CS5 on my work machine. It seems like Adobe is floundering a bit these days, jumping beds from Apple to Google and various other strange behavior.

The stuff is just getting stale. I'd probably be fine with any version back to about CS2.

Sounds like a plan..... Until you buy a new camera. :)

Len

OP
B

BobG

Sounds like a plan..... Until you buy a new camera. :)

Len
Got rid of thousands of dollars of DSLR junk and bought a Sony RX100 (Which takes better pictures than many if not most DSLR's). Not looking back. Also shoot almost always in jpg.

I used to be elitist about photography. I'm trying to be elitist about life and family instead now!

Len J

Got rid of thousands of dollars of DSLR junk and bought a Sony RX100 (Which takes better pictures than many if not most DSLR's). Not looking back. Also shoot almost always in jpg.

I used to be elitist about photography. I'm trying to be elitist about life and family instead now!

I've got an RX100 v3 I use as my always with me camera. I shoot raw as I spend some time every week as part of a mentor/apprentice photography on-line learning group (I'm an apprentice). It's a great balance for me.

Len.