A Alison New Member Joined Jun 11, 2013 Messages 7 Points 0 Jun 17, 2013 #1 Can I download Skype on to my Microsoft surface RT? I only seem to find it for Windows 8. Advice welcome!
Can I download Skype on to my Microsoft surface RT? I only seem to find it for Windows 8. Advice welcome!
ArnoldC New Member Joined Nov 26, 2012 Messages 1,537 Points 0 Location Makati, Philippines Jun 17, 2013 #2 Yes of course. I have it on my device.
OP OP A Alison New Member Joined Jun 11, 2013 Messages 7 Points 0 Jun 17, 2013 #3 Thanks. Did you just download Skype for Windows 8? I thought I might have to get it for Windows RT.
tonyz3 New Member Joined Jan 28, 2013 Messages 729 Points 0 Jun 17, 2013 #4 i am pretty sure (as i have a pro) but anything in the windows store is for the RT unless it says desktop app.
i am pretty sure (as i have a pro) but anything in the windows store is for the RT unless it says desktop app.
kristalsoldier Well-Known Member Joined Feb 24, 2013 Messages 2,372 Points 83 My Device SPro4 Jun 17, 2013 #5 Get Skype from the Windows Store for RT. In other words, access the Windows Store from your Surface RT, search for Skype and install it.
Get Skype from the Windows Store for RT. In other words, access the Windows Store from your Surface RT, search for Skype and install it.
P pallentx New Member Joined Dec 4, 2012 Messages 348 Points 0 Jun 17, 2013 #6 If it shows up for you in the windows store, you can run it. I haven't come across an exception to that yet.
If it shows up for you in the windows store, you can run it. I haven't come across an exception to that yet.
ArnoldC New Member Joined Nov 26, 2012 Messages 1,537 Points 0 Location Makati, Philippines Jun 17, 2013 #7 Alison said: Thanks. Did you just download Skype for Windows 8? I thought I might have to get it for Windows RT. Click to expand... I have it since December 2012.
Alison said: Thanks. Did you just download Skype for Windows 8? I thought I might have to get it for Windows RT. Click to expand... I have it since December 2012.