What's new

Apps crashing down while opening

TTown

Is anyone having issues with apps crashing while opening? When I first bought the Surface, the USA Today would crash when I opened it up. I ended up deleting that app, and haven't downloaded it since.

Today, the Facebook app started shutting down while opening. I deleted the app, restarted the computer, and downloaded it again, but it keeps crashing when I try to open it up.

Any suggestions?

Ilias

Mine does the same. This is so frustrating and worse yet, I get no support from Microsoft. I sent my device back as it is still under warranty. When the device was checked they told me there was nothing wrong. I now have a device with apps that continuously shut down or crash. Microsoft technical support are pathetic and offer no further support. I am taking my case to the ombudsman, not because my apps are crashing but for the lack of support provided by this multi billion $$$ company.

Microsoft... you should be ashamed of yourselves.

Ilias

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
I've noticed that this even occurs when opening settings from the action center. White window opens up, and then just closes before any of the icons are displayed.