What's new

Apps for takinfpg notes in Surface Rt 2

Lucasmtz

I'm looking for the best software that allow me be able to take notes with the adonit jot pro. I would appreciate any recommendations you have. I have tried searching apps but only I found anything for using to Ipad, no for surface 2 . Now I am using One Notes but it doesn' t work well.

Thanks!

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I would use OneNote, but I would also edit the registry so the stylus would work better (this is what I've done), details below:

To ink with a Capacitive Stylus with the Surface 2 requires editing the registry so be warned that you should take all necessary precautions, etc.

Navigate to:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\TouchPrediction

And change these values:

Latency 8
SampleTime 8
UseHWTimeStamp 1

To:

Latency 2
SampleTime 2
UseHWTimeStamp 1

And reboot and after you should see a marked improvement in inking.

Dal1970

I would use OneNote, but I would also edit the registry so the stylus would work better (this is what I've done), details below:

To ink with a Capacitive Stylus with the Surface 2 requires editing the registry so be warned that you should take all necessary precautions, etc.

Navigate to:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\TouchPrediction

And change these values:

Latency 8
SampleTime 8
UseHWTimeStamp 1

To:

Latency 2
SampleTime 2
UseHWTimeStamp 1

And reboot and after you should see a marked improvement in inking.

Thanks for the tip Jeff - really makes the pen useful

OP
L

Lucasmtz

I changed the set up of my surface as you said. However it doesn't work enough well to run while i write. I need to take the notes faster if no i lost a lot of information in the class.
Nevertheless thanks for your answer.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
You can take it down one more notch and set it to 1, it works better but it may overload the machine, I'm testing it now. Also are you using the Gen 1 or Gen 2 Adonit Jot Pro? I found that the Gen 1 works better overall due to the larger disk.