What's new

Ask for screen calibration profile?

zhaxi

Hi, I just bought a surface pro, I heard pro 2 has 46% more color accuracy, I wonder if surface pro could have such a improvement by applying a good screen calibration profile.. or each machine must have its own calibration..Thank you!(my email:[email protected])

Last edited:

drolem

Hi, I just bought a surface pro, I heard pro 2 has 46% more color accuracy,
Source or references?

or each machine must have its own calibration..
Bloody unlikely. Normally only expensive monitors, or items targeted for color critical work get individual calibration. For what it worth, my 30" Dell (U3011) came with a calibration report while the 27" (2709W) didn't.

As far as I know the SP1 and SP2 displays are identical.

OP
Z

zhaxi

Source:Microsoft announces Surface Pro 2 with updated kickstand and Haswell processor | The Verge

the calibration profile of this post doesn't exist any longer:http://www.surfaceforums.net/forum/...color-calibration-profile-my-surface-pro.html

So I need one:)

Source or references?

Bloody unlikely. Normally only expensive monitors, or items targeted for color critical work get individual calibration. For what it worth, my 30" Dell (U3011) came with a calibration report while the 27" (2709W) didn't.

As far as I know the SP1 and SP2 displays are identical.

drolem

Interesting. Guess I missed that 46%. :shocked:

I actually have a LaCie Blue Eye Pro, and if I can find it I will test some Surfaces. There are certain things that easy to change such as the LED backlight, but most other things are more complex and costly. I highly doubt that color accuracy will be that much better, but we'll see.

demandarin

try this one

Try this profile. Someone with the expensive gear calibrated their pro and let me use their profile. Noticeable improvement. Kist make sure to load it correctly. I had to put it in a zip file as this forum wouldn't let me upload the file itself due to unsupported format.

You can read the help section in windows or whatever on how to properly load it as the default profile.

Attachments

• (Standard monitor types) Surface Pro 1-1.zip
    2.4 KB · Views: 792

demandarin

Remember, even Anandtech, on his first review of pro one said the display was good. But once he properly calibrated it with his tools, it was a great improvement in color accuracy. I'm not sure how Anandtech calibrated profile compares to pro2 though.

OP
Z

zhaxi

Thank you !!currently I'm using this profile http://www.surfaceforums.net/forum/...-calibration-profile-my-surface-pro.html,It's calibrated by ColorMunki Display. Do you know how to tell the differences between these two profiles.
Remember, even Anandtech, on his first review of pro one said the display was good. But once he properly calibrated it with his tools, it was a great improvement in color accuracy. I'm not sure how Anandtech calibrated profile compares to pro2 though.