What's new

Battery Health Question

BenJG

Hi All,

Just decided to check the battery for my SP4, and the report came up with:

Design Capacity: 38,152 mWh
Full Charge Capacity: 34,927
Cycle Count: 115

This means that after having the SP4 for about 15 months (purchased in October 2015), the battery is now at about 92% of it's original capacity. Does that seem about right? These figures seem okay to me, but I'm curious to see what other people are getting for their SP4s...

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
I've had mine for a similar amount of time, but a few less cycles. Mine currently states it is roughly 37000. Interestingly, a month ago battery report states it's capacity was 36000

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
By Microsoft's own estimates - after 3 years of normal use the battery should have ~80% Capacity so yours looks in line with those.

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
What do you use to check the capacity?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If on windows 10 (not sure if it's the same code for windows 8) then just open up command prompt as admin (right click on start button and it's in the list) and enter "powercfg /batteryreport /output "C:\battery_report.html" and hit enter, then just locate the file in C:\ and open in a browser.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
What do you use to check the capacity?
What hughlle says below....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If on windows 10 (not sure if it's the same code for windows 8) then just open up command prompt as admin (right click on start button and it's in the list) and enter "powercfg /batteryreport /output "C:\battery_report.html" and hit enter, then just locate the file in C:\ and open in a browser.

Works on Windows 8.x and later :)