What's new

Battery Degradation

jalpert

Is this normal? It seems like my battery is degrading quicker than it should be. Thanks.

CHEMISTRY LION
DESIGN CAPACITY 42,157 mWh
FULL CHARGE CAPACITY 40,949 mWh
CYCLE COUNT 14

ctitanic

Capture.JPG

bluegrass

Is this normal? It seems like my battery is degrading quicker than it should be. Thanks.

CHEMISTRY LION
DESIGN CAPACITY 42,157 mWh
FULL CHARGE CAPACITY 40,949 mWh
CYCLE COUNT 14

If you would post a link to where you obtained the report, I would run it on mine to compare. As a rule, I don't go looking for a problem unless something seems drastically wrong with my Surface.

ctitanic

If you would post a link to where you obtained the report, I would run it on mine to compare. As a rule, I don't go looking for a problem unless something seems drastically wrong with my Surface.
That's from the battery report. There is an explanation of how to get it in the battery guide thread at the top of this forum.

ctitanic

I generally agree, but easy to say that when your battery is better than it is supposed to be, rather than worse ;)
My screen shot shows how unreliable is the report. In another hand, batteries are like finger prints or DNA sequences. You won't find two identical.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
97% of capacity doesn't seem all that unusual to me.
Do you ever fully discharge the battery, it might help.

I think my chemistry was Tiger or Bear :D

Liam2349

My screen shot shows how unreliable is the report. In another hand, batteries are like finger prints or DNA sequences. You won't find two identical.

The report is not unreliable - it shows you actual capacity. You do have more than intended.

You can get this report by running CMD and typing "powercfg /batteryreport".

OP
J

jalpert

Yah, I have done a couple full discharges since owning the device. I guess I'll run with it for a while and see.

At this rate, the battery will be 25% degraded after a couple of years....

97% of capacity doesn't seem all that unusual to me.
Do you ever fully discharge the battery, it might help.

I think my chemistry was Tiger or Bear :D